Things to do in the spectacular Mt Beauty area...
- Visit Victoria's largest ski/snowboard resort at Falls Creek, just 30kms away. Pyles Coaches can take you there in winter with several coaches leaving each day. Or you can drive yourself, but you will need to carry snow chains in winter which you can hire close by to the Snowgum Motel.
- Explore the magnificent Alpine National Park on foot, bicycle or by car. You could spend years exploring this huge area, but if you only have a few days, then use the Snowgum Motel as your base for experiencing the High Country.
- Sample some of the Kiewa Valley's award winning wines at one of the many cool climate wineries, most with cellar door sales and cafes.
- Hike to the peak of Mount Bogong, Victoria's highest mountain at 1986m. Or take a guided walk on the Bogong High Plains.
- Access the many mountain bike trails from Mount Beauty which have been used in the past for the National Mountain Bike Championships.
- Hire a fishing guide to take you to hidden streams teming with trout, or simply walk across the road to try your luck in the Kiewa River.
- Re-live the mountain horseman spirit by riding on the mountain trails for a few hours or a few days.
- Try some of the best olive oils made outside of the Mediterranean while on a scenic drive of the Kiewa Valley.
- Use the Snowgum Motel in Mount Beauty as the perfect base for exploring the towns and valleys of the North East. Within an hour's drive you can loop around to Bright with its stunning autumn colours, Beechworth and its golden heritage and Yackandandah, the living movie set of Paul Hogan's movie "Strange Bedfellows".
- Or simply relax and enjoy the local hospitality and soak in the alpine scenery.
- For more great places to stay when on your big trip, got to www.ozstays.com.
Book directly with us
for the best price!